“Finding an editor is difficult. Finding an editor that is capable of allowing your voice to remain true, more difficult still. Finding an editor that is fast, professional, friendly, knowledgable, accurate, and ‘gets it’—close to a miracle. I’m thankful that I’ve found all that in Jennifer.” —Sheila Horgan, best-selling author
Welcome to J. Jeffers Editing!
My name is Jennifer, and I’m the one-woman show behind this business. I am an independent editor specializing in copyediting and line editing for self-published authors. I primarily focus on fiction and narrative nonfiction manuscripts. However, I’m willing to leaf out if you are!
I offer professional services at affordable rates. Hopefully, my pricing allows you to make a living writing and pursuing your dreams. My rates are as follows:
- Proofreading – $15/hour
- Proofed manuscript is usually ready within 2 weeks.
- Copyediting – $20/hour
- Edited manuscript is usually ready within 4 weeks.
- Line/substantive editing – $25/hour
- Edited manuscript is usually ready within 6 weeks.
- Book “blurbs” – $0.30 per word
- Service includes the writing of a short “blurb” for your book’s back cover or online product description. Synopsis is usually ready within a week.
For a detailed explanation of rates and services, please continue to Rates & Services.
Have questions? Please contact me! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below.